We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Police & Crime

A Message from Kent Police:

As part of our commitment to keeping Kent a safe place to live, work and visit, we’ve invested in supporting our communities. Our neighbourhood policing teams fully appreciate the impact local problems can cause. We want to work with residents and businesses to make sure we’re addressing the issues that matter the most to them, to improve things, and to make a difference to the communities we serve.

To encourage this conversation, we have launched My Community Voice (MCV) which gives local people a say in how we approach our neighbourhood policing priorities and work with our local partners. MCV is a two-way engagement tool that allows you to tell us about issues in your area and will allow us to create a personalised policing response.

For further details and to register please follow the link:



KCC Community Warden

Mira Martin Mira works in Staplehurst and Marden. She can be contacted in the following ways:

Mira Martin: mob: 07969 584179 e-mail:  Mira Martin Email 

If you witness a crime as it happens, please call the police straight away by dialling 999.  If you wish to report a non-urgent incident, call 101 or use the Kent Police on-line reporting facility at kent police website .  You will be given a crime report reference number that will help you if you need to make an insurance claim.

101 The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police - when it’s less urgent than a 999 call. 101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 

When to call 101?  You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.

For example, you should call 101 if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry

All police non-emergency contact numbers are '101' no matter where you are in the country or which force is required.

Kent Police can also be contacted by Text

If you are unable to use a phone to speak or listen, this service provides access to the police, fire or ambulance services in Kent. This service does not require any setup or registration, so please add 60066 to your phone as a contact for easy access.

This service connects you directly to Kent Fire and Rescue Service control operators who will deal with your request for assistance by text.

·         Step 1: Start every text message with the service you require –

                       either Rescue for Kent Fire and Rescue, Police for Kent Police and Medic for an ambulance. 

·         Step 2: Leave a space and then write your message, including what and where the problem is. 

·         Step 3: Send the message to 60066. This goes straight to the emergency control centre. 

·         Step 4: They will reply with a message confirmation. They may ask more questions. 

The main Kent Police Facebook site is regularly updated with news and advice and allows the Police to answer your queries about policing in Kent. Please do not report a crime using this method.

The main Kent Police Twitter Page @kent_police is updated every day with news headlines and crime prevention advice.  It gives the Police the chance to answer your queries and pass on timely information. Your local site is Kent Police Twitter Account

Country Eye

Promoting rural safety

Country Eye is a partnership between the rural community, Kent Police and Neighbourhood Watch.

The aim of the partnership is to help reduce crime and the fear of crime by involving all members of the community and protecting those who are most vulnerable. Membership is open to individuals, businesses or community organisations.

Country Eye is administered locally in each of the six Kent Police areas by the local Neighbourhood Watch liaison officers. They are supported by volunteers. Information is circulated daily to all
participating groups.

Joint working

The police cannot work in isolation. Country Eye promotes the sharing of information and the gathering of crime-related intelligence. This is achieved by using modern communication methods and the co-operation of Country Eye's many rural partners.

These include: 

  • landowners
  • parish councils
  • libraries 
  • schools
  • river and waterway organisations
  • horse watch
  • wildlife organisations
  • post offices
  • local businesses
  • rural churches


To find out more about Country Eye in your area contact your Volunteer Watch Liaison Officer 01622 604395

Download the new Country Eye App at County Eye Website .  


Nuisance Telephone Calls

There are several steps you can take to reduce these calls.

Firstly, you can join the Telephone Preference Service. This free service will enable you to record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls. If you click the link below it will take you to the TPS Website home page; here you can read more about this service and register.

TPS Website 

Some telephone providers such as BT and TalkTalk offer a Guardian service. This service monitors nuisance calls and automatically prevents them by sending them to a junk voicemail.

The BT version of this is called Call Protect and the TalkTalk version is called CallSafe. Other telephone providers may have something similar in place.

TalkTalk - Call Safe

BT - Call Protect

Protect yourself from ATM theft

It’s a good idea to scan the area around ATMs before you use them. Be aware of anyone standing close by and always check the machine to see if it’s been tampered with before you use it.

Tell-tale signs of ATM fraud

Things to look out for are devices attached to the machine – some are more obvious than others. If you do see something suspicious contact the police and the bank.

Remember, if it doesn’t look or feel right then steer clear and, if possible, go inside the bank where it will be safer. And always keep a regular check on your transactions.

Be alert

We know it’s not always easy, but try to be aware of anyone near you when you’re at an ATM. Being aware of your surroundings and not being distracted makes it harder for people to take advantage and less likely that they’ll try to.

Thieves will watch as you key in your PIN or distract you while you’re withdrawing cash. Be vigilant. Cover your PIN and keep an eye on your card at all times. If someone taps you on the shoulder or tries to speak to you, just ignore them.

When you've left the ATM, put your card away immediately.

You should also be careful with contactless cards. You can get a card holder to prevent your card details being inadvertently read.

PSE 61170 Pria Webster

Volunteers & Neighbourhood Watch Liaison Officer

West Kent Police

Police Station, Palace Avenue, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6NF

Tel: 01622 604395 / Mobile 07980 684029

Email : Pria Webster Email

Inclusion of any website link does not imply endorsement or approval by Staplehurst Parish Council of the linked website, its operator or its content nor is Staplehurst Parish Council responsible for the content of any website or web page outside of the Staplehurst Parish Council Website.