3G Multi-Sports Pitch
Jubilee Field community 3G multi-sports pitch (formally known as 3g all-sports pitch changed due to a request from a member of the public)
Staplehurst Parish Council, Maidstone Borough Council, Kent FA, local sports clubs and the Football Foundation are working together to try and deliver a community 3G multi-sports pitch at the Jubilee Field, Staplehurst.
We have set up a working group, Chaired by Louise Brice (formerly an MBC Councillor) consisting off Cllr Riordan, Cllr Mclaughlin, Cllr Arger, Cllr Sharp, Lee Seal (SMYFC), Nicola Stonebridge (SMFC), Jeff Davis (Kent FA) and Mike Evans (MBC)
Louise Brice said, “ As Chairman of the 3G multi-sports pitch working group we are keen to move forward with this exciting project that many in the village have been calling for, for some time. We have the support of the Football Foundation, Maidstone Borough Council and the Parish Council. We are keen to work with local clubs, groups and residents to improve the community facilities at the Jubilee Field for all users. We have some Frequently Asked Questions, feel free to ask more, we will answer them and add them to the list. We will be doing presentations and consultation as the project evolves so everyone can have their say. We hope we can improve the community facilities at the Jubilee Field for all ”
You can see the 3G multi-sports pitch working group Terms of Reference – and the minutes of the 3G multi-sports pitch working group below
In addition, please see an introductory presentation on the 3G multi-sports pitch, indicative plan and Frequently Asked Questions
- Introductory presentation
- Public Meeting Presentation 19th September 2023
- Indicative Plan
- 3G Pitch Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 3G multi-sport pitch Consultation Survey Overview report
- 3G multi-sport pitch Consultation Survey - individual comments
- 3G multi-sport pitch Consultation Survey Overview report - parish residents only
- 3G multi-sport pitch project plan
You can email in further questions to [email protected] and we will do our best to answer them and add them to the Frequently Asked Questions.
Why do we need a 3G multi-sports pitch?
The current grass pitches are often unplayable
In recent years an average of 3 months of play are cancelled at the Jubilee Field due to the state of the pitches. An example is the week beginning 7/1/2023, when three home matches at Jubilee Field had to be postponed while eight home matches had to be played “away” at either Mote Park, South Park, YMCA.
This means increased milage of the Staplehurst teams – on average about a 16 – 18 miles return trip to play a “home game”
If we had a 3G all-sports pitch they would have been able to play the matches at Jubilee Field over the weekend.
What about engaging the community and users?
We are at the stage to reach out to the local community and clubs and groups. As well as the website we are;
- Providing Hard copies of information in the Library and Parish Office
- Meeting with Local Clubs / groups
- Promotional stall at Family Funday (2nd August 2023 at Surrenden Field) and Skate Jam (15th August 2023 at Jubilee Field)
- Public meeting to be arranged in autumn 2023
- Questionnaire in autumn Village Update (see below the link to Jubilee Field 3G multi-sports pitch survey)
The consultation will help inform the project and we will publish the results of the consultation.
There will also be formal “planning consultation” as part of the planning application, if the project gets to the planning stage.
HAVE YOUR SAY!!
JUBILEE FIELD 3G MULTI-SPORTS PITCH SURVEY
The Survey has now closed the results will follow shortly.
This survey is designed to capture your views on the current facilities and the proposed new facility. The survey will take approximately 5 - 10 minutes to complete and the closing date was midnight on the 16th October 2023.
Hard copies of the survey were distributed in the Village Update which is delivered to every house in Staplehurst.
What are the time scales?
We are currently at the Feasibility stage – so an optimistic timescale, if everything goes smoothly is;
- Consultation - summer / autumn 2023
- Design - autumn 2023
- Submit planning application - early 2024.
- Fundraising – ongoing
- Drafting Business plan and Football Foundation submission - ongoing
- Submission to Football Foundation July 2024 – subject to planning permission
- Football Foundation decision - autumn 2024
- Construction - to commence winter 2024/25
- Opening - spring 2025
If you have any queries please contact 01580 891761